Our recruitment team is ready to assist you in the process of becoming a Washington County Sheriff’s Deputy. If you’re just beginning your journey or are coming from a different agency, we look forward to showing you why we believe we are a leader in the law enforcement community.
We hire jail and patrol deputies four times per year. Our next hiring cycle starts on November 20, 2019. Applicants must test with the National Testing Network before this date. If you selected the Washington County Sheriff’s Office as one of the agencies to receive your scores, and if your scores are passing, you will receive an email with an “Invitation to Apply” sometime after November 20. Here’s what to expect afterwards:
- Application period: November 23 – December 8, 2019
- Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT): December 4 or 7, 2019
- Pre-screen background check: December 13 – 15, 2019
- Q&A Night: January 20, 2020
- Video & pre-suitability test: January 9 – 11, 2020
- Ride-alongs, jail shadows and background interviews: January 27 – February 28, 2020
- Background investigation notifications: March 6 – 9, 2020
- Portfolio review notifications: March 13 – 14, 2020
- Panel interviews & conditional job offers: March 23 – 30, 2020
- Start of in-house academy: July 2020
Out-of-state applicants: After the preliminary background check, you will need to visit WCSO on January 8 – 12, 2020.
- Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT): January 8, 2020
- Q&A Night: January 8, 2020
- Background interview: January 9, 2020
- Video & pre-suitability test: January 10, 2020
- Patrol ride-along: January 11, 2020
- Jail shadow: January 11, 2020
The Sheriff’s Office believes in finding brave individuals who are ready for a challenging and rewarding career in law enforcement. We seek individuals who are able to work independently and are also able to thrive within a team environment. We are committed and highly invested in serving Washington County.