We believe in offering state-of-the-art training and fully-equipping our deputies with top-of-the-line gear. Deputies receive an annual footwear allowance and complete uniform with all duty gear included.
We are invested in the well-being of our deputies. Extensive benefits include:
- Veteran’s Preference
- Incentive and premium pay for education and special teams
- Bilingual pay
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance, occupational life and long-term disability
- Retirement benefits – PERS/OPSRP and deferred compensation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance up to $7,000
For a complete list of premium pays and other benefits, refer to the Washington County Police Officers’ Association (WCPOA) collective bargaining agreement located at Labor Agreements. To explore additional benefits offered, visit Employee Benefits.