Your search for police jobs is over. Our recruitment team is ready to assist you in the process of becoming a Washington County Sheriff’s Deputy. If you’re just beginning your journey or are coming from a different agency, we look forward to showing you why we believe we are a leader in the law enforcement community. Want the inside scoop on the hiring process?
We hire jail and patrol deputies four times per year. Our next hiring cycle starts on November 24th, 2020. Applicants must test with the National Testing Network (NTN) before this date. If you selected the Washington County Sheriff’s Office as one of the agencies to receive your scores, and if your scores are passing, you will receive an email with an “Invitation to Apply” sometime after September 1, 2020.
Update: Virtual Testing – Entry Level Exams
It is critical to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office that testing and hiring continue to ensure we maintain the highest level of service to the community. The National Testing Network (NTN) is currently providing Virtual Testing, which will allow candidates to take public safety exams at home while still maintaining the integrity of the testing process and ensuring the safety of the candidates, clients, and employees.
This testing process is now available to all potential applicants, so they may have scores available when our next hiring cycle starts on June 1. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we all work through this most difficult time.
Due to rapidly evolving COVID-19 protocols and mandates, some of the information on our site may not be up to date. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-846-5646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what to expect after the NTN:
- Application period: November 28 – December 13, 2020
- Physical Abilities Test (PAT): December 2 or 5, 2020 – There is no fee for WCSO applicants
- Pre-screen background check: Dec 10 – 15, 2020
- Q&A Night: TBD
- Video & pre-suitability test: Jan 11 – 16, 2021
- Ride-alongs, jail shadows and background interviews: Feb 5 – March 5, 2021 (may be cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Background investigation notifications: March 27 – 29, 2021
- Portfolio review notifications: April 4 – 8, 2021
- Command interviews & conditional job offers: April 12 – 16, 2021
- Start of in-house academy: July 2021
Out-of-state applicants: After the preliminary background check, you will need to visit WCSO for 5 days between January 11th – 17th for:
- Physical Abilities Test (PAT): January 13, 2020 – We will accept a physical abilities test from the military, a college, NTN, or another agency as long as it was taken within the last 6 months
- Q&A Night: TBD
- Background interview: will take about 3 hours
- Video & pre-suitability test: will take about 3 hours
- Patrol ride-along: complete one full shift
- Jail shadow: complete one full shift
- Start of in-house academy: July 5th, 2021
If you pass everything up to this point, you would need to come to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office on April 12th for a Subject Matter Expert Panel Interview.
Applicants who pass the Panel will meet with Commanders in the afternoon and may receive a conditional job offer at this time.
*** Expenses incurred for the above trips may be reimbursed after you are hired ***
Looking for police jobs in the Pacific Northwest and ready for a rewarding career in law enforcement? We seek individuals who are able to work independently and are also able to thrive within a team environment. We are committed and highly invested in serving Washington County.